Friday, September 7, 2012

Indoor BBQ

I was really in the mood for BBQ the other day.  I use my grill all the time!  Living in the South means milder winters and I take full advantage.  I cook outside every chance I get.  I gathered up all my ingredients and headed outside only to realize that my grill's propane tank was empty.  Dejected, I headed back inside to figure out what I would make instead.  But, then I thought, why not make BBQ indoors?  So, that's what I did.


INDOOR BBQ CHICKEN

6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
season salt
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish.  Season it on both sides with season salt.  In a small bowl, whisk together bbq sauce and broth.  Pour over chicken.  Cover with foil.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Remove foil and spoon sauce over chicken.  Put it back in the oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.


This recipe came out great!  Tender and juicy!


To go with the chicken I threw together some quick bbq beans.  Here's how I did it:

BBQ BEANS

2 cans pork & beans
3 TBS brown sugar
3 TBS bbq sauce (your fav brand)
1 TBS yellow mustard
a few dashes worcestershire sauce

Mix everything together in a cast iron skillet (or pot).  Cook on the stove top:  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened.  Cook in the oven:  Put the skillet in the oven and let it bake alongside the chicken for 20-30 minutes until thickened.  Easy!


To round out the meal I threw some frozen corn on the cob into the microwave.  You could char up the corn on an indoor grill pan after it comes out of the microwave.  That would give it pretty grill marks and a smoky flavor!

So, there you have it.  Indoor BBQ.  Whether it's raining outside, too cold, or you just run out of gas, you can still have a bbq.  Set your table with a checkered table cloth and paper plates, then it will really feel like a bbq and you don't have to do dishes.  WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment