Saturday, January 11, 2014

Like Wendy's Frosty? Try This Copy Cat Recipe

One of the many wonderful things about living in South Louisiana is the mild winters.  I can remember wearing shorts on Christmas day before.  However, you know what they say about Louisiana?  If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute, it'll change.  Case in point, the other night it was 13 degrees here.  Today it was 70.  Seriously.

We were gonna have gumbo today while we watched the Saints game but it was so warm that we grilled chicken instead.  And for dessert I made a homemade version of a Wendy's Frosty.  I saw this on Pinterest and had to try it because my son, aka pickiest eater ever, actually loves the Frosty.  It was so easy!  Just 3 ingredients!  Plus it gave me a reason to use the new Kitchenaid ice cream attachment I got for Christmas.  Here's how I did it:

HINT:  This recipe made enough for two batches.  I poured half into my ice cream maker and saved the other half in the fridge for another time.

COPY CAT WENDY'S FROSTY

1 can condensed milk
1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
1/2 gallon chocolate milk

Mix all ingredients together until well combined.  Turn chilled ice cream maker on and, while running, pour in the mixture.  Let it run for about 20 minutes.  That's it!  I used a ladle to serve it up.



Pickiest eater ever declared, "It tastes exactly like it!".  And it really did!  Then he got mad after I cleaned out the ice cream maker because he wanted to lick the bowl.  I'll have to make the other half for him later.


If you have Frosty lovers in your house, make this recipe.  It could not be easier.  Who says you can't eat ice cream in the winter?  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment