Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cajun Turkey Burgers

I really hate it when someone dumps a bunch of cayenne pepper on a dish and calls it "Cajun".  There is much more to Cajun cooking than heat.  It's about flavor.  These burgers are full of flavor!  Bonus:  they are wrapped in bacon!  (Leave it to me to take something relatively healthy and wrap it in pig fat) 😜

But, like I always say, everything in moderation.  I don't eat burgers everyday, but when I do they better be good...and these are.  The bacon infuses throughout the burger so every bite is smoky and delicious.  The bell pepper, garlic and green onion add flavor and moisture, which is important because turkey has a tendency to be dry.  These burgers are moist and juicy!  Yum!  OK, I will stop rambling and tell you how to make them.

CAJUN TURKEY BURGERS

1 lb ground turkey
1 egg, beaten
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning (any Cajun seasoning)
1/4 of a red bell pepper, diced
1 green onion, diced
1 small clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup bread crumbs
6 slices bacon

In a large bowl, combine egg, Worcestershire sauce, Tony's, bell pepper, green onion, garlic and bread crumbs.  Add turkey, mix well.  Shape into 6 patties.


Wrap a piece of bacon around each patty.


Spray a broiler pan (with holes so the fat drips away) with cooking spray.  If you don't have a broiler pan you can use a rack on a cookie sheet.  Place the patties on the broiler pan.


Turn your broiler on high.  Place the patties about 3 to 4 inches below the broiler heat.  Broil for 8 minutes then flip the burgers and broil another 8 minutes on the other side.






If I didn't blather on enough earlier, I will say it again:  These were absolutely delicious!  Smoky, moist, flavorful.  Yum!  Although, it's hard to go wrong when you wrap things in bacon.  Please make these for your family and friends.  They will think you are a rock star chef.  If only they knew how simple it was.  Don't worry, I won't say a word.  I can't, my mouth is full!  ðŸ˜š

No comments:

Post a Comment