Friday, June 12, 2015

I love my Ninja Blender!

I just got a new Ninja Blender and I love it!  I can't stop blending.  I have been making smoothies and salsa, even popsicles.  It's been so much fun that I thought I would share a few recipes that you can make using a blender.

Let's start with smoothies.  My kids really like this banana peach smoothie.  In fact, it was the only way I could get fruit into my Pickiest Eater Ever Son when he was little.  I would let him help me make it.  When he felt involved in making something, he was more likely to try new things.  Here's how we did it.

BANANA PEACH SMOOTHIES

2 bananas
1 can sliced peaches, packed in juice
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
2 cups ice cubes
drizzle of honey (optional)

Throw everything into the blender (including the peach juice) and blend until smooth.




This recipe makes 3 large servings or 4 kid sized servings.


It's creamy and delicious.  Sweet but not too sweet and super good for you.

The next recipe is for Watermelon Popsicles.  These are so good and fun to make with the kids.

WATERMELON POPSICLES

9 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice

Place everything in the blender and puree until smooth.  Put a sieve over a big bowl (one with a pour spout if you have it) and pour the mixture through the sieve to remove any seeds and thick pulp.




Now pour the strained mixture into popsicle molds (if you don't have molds, use little paper cups, cover them with foil, then poke popsicle sticks through the foil and freeze,  Or use ice cube trays and tooth picks).


Freeze for several hours (I like to freeze overnight to be sure they are completely frozen).

When you're ready to serve them, run the bottoms under warm water for a few seconds to help them release from the mold.



These are so good!  They taste like biting into a piece of watermelon.  Perfect on a hot summer day!  You can also fill ice cube trays with this mixture.  Add these watermelon cubes to lemonade or throw in your punch bowl to keep it cool without watering it down.

So, if you have a blender, give these recipes a try.  Get the kids involved.  Make a project of it.  You may think you're just making popsicles or smoothies but your kids will be making memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment