Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Chocolate Glaze

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Things have been downright terrible here in South Louisiana.  The horrible flooding that occurred a few weeks ago devastated so many homes, nearly 100,000, including many of my friends and family members.  In fact, my brother and my parents lost everything.  Everything.  Needless to say, it's been a very trying time.  Please keep them in your prayers; they're going to need them.

My Mama and Daddy are living with me for now.  They've had a lot to deal with, naturally, so I thought I'd make them a cake.  Just a little something to say I love you.  I had a box of chocolate cake mix in the pantry so I made it (quick and easy) but needed something to frost it with.  My Daddy is not a big fan of thick frosting on a cake, so I made a simple glaze.  This recipe tastes just like the glaze on a chocolate donut!  So yummy!



CHOCOLATE GLAZE

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 TBS cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 TBS milk

Sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa.



Once it's sifted together, add the vanilla and 2 TBS milk.  Stir until it is smooth and pourable.  If too thick, add a little more milk (not too much) and stir until you reach a good consistency.




You can pour this onto a cooled cake and let sit for a few minutes.  It sets up as it cools.



It makes a great topping for a cake, but you can also dip shortbread cookies into it, or glaze donuts with it, or sandwich it between two vanilla wafers, or pour it over ice cream, etc.  It's a really easy, versatile recipe to have.  Make it for someone you love just because.  Sometimes it only takes a tiny gesture to put a smile on someone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment