Monday, January 23, 2017

Sloppy Phils

I know it's been a while since I've posted.  Like everyone else, we've been busy.  Believe it or not my Hubby wants to renovate.  Again.  Didn't we just finish a renovation?  He needs a project at all times.  His energy seems endless.  If only I had a quarter of that energy.  Some days I just run out of energy all together.  When that happens I need a quick, easy recipe that's filling and delicious for my family.  This recipe fits the bill.  It's like a Sloppy Joe and a Philly Cheese Steak got married and had a baby.  My Hubby said I should I call these "Silly Phillies".  No matter what you call them, they are tasty.


SLOPPY PHILS

1 lb. ground sirloin
1 onion, diced
1/4 of a red bell pepper, diced
1/4 of a green bell pepper, diced
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
salt/pepper
sliced provolone cheese
hamburger buns

Brown the ground sirloin in a big skillet.



Add the diced onions and bell pepper.


Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.


Add the Worcestershire sauce, broth and season well with salt and pepper.


Simmer for 10 minutes.



Serve on buns topped with a slice of provolone cheese (or whatever cheese you like).



The heat from the sirloin warms the cheese so it gets sort of melty.  So yummy!



See how easy that was?  And my family loved these!  They each gave it an emphatic thumbs up (while their mouths were full).  Sloppy Phils or Silly Phillies?  Give these a try and let me know what you call them.

No comments:

Post a Comment