Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Taco Dip

We are having a family game night tonight.  We all put the phones away (even the teen and the college girl!) and play board games, listen to music and eat fun foods.  Tonight we each are making our own pizza.  It's always hilarious to see what my Old School Italian Hubby comes up with and we all know my Pickiest Eater Ever Son will make pepperoni, never anything else, ever.  My Adventurous Daughter and I will add lot's of stuff and gross the guys out.  It's a good time.  I wanted to make a fun snack to go along with game night so I made a Taco Dip.  It's quick, easy and good.  I made it early in the day so it can chill in the fridge and all the flavors can mingle and meld together.  This is a wonderful dip to take to a potluck or office party because you can even make it the day before you need it and keep it in the fridge.  It just gets better.




TACO DIP

1 (16 oz) can refried beans
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar (or Mexican blend) cheese
1 roma tomato, diced
2 green onions, sliced

In a large bowl combine the refried beans and taco seasoning.



Mix until thoroughly combined.


Carefully spread the bean mixture into the bottom of a pie plate or clear bowl.  You just don't want it to get all over the sides because you are layering the ingredients.


Spread the salsa on top.  Try to completely cover the bean mixture.



Dollop the sour cream all over the top (this just makes it easier to spread).  Spread it evenly over the salsa.  Don't worry if the salsa bleeds through.



Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.


Sprinkle the diced tomatoes over the cheese.


Lastly, add the green onions.  I find the easiest way to cut them is to use a clean pair of scissors and just snip off what you need.


That's it!  I told you it was easy.  Now chill it in the fridge for at least an hour.  Like I said earlier, you can even make this the day before you serve it.


I serve it with tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops.


You can modify it easily.  Don't like tomatoes?  Leave them out.  Love black olives?  Add them.  Layer in some guacamole on top of the beans or add diced bell pepper.  Use whatever you like.  It'll be great.  I hope you make this for your next potluck or family game night or Taco Tuesday.  Let me know how you customize it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment