Monday, December 4, 2017

Italian Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes

My Old School Italian Husband was reminiscing the other day about a dish his Mom used to make.  I was lucky enough to have her teach me many of her recipes but she hadn't mentioned this one.  It was Italian Sausage baked with onions, peppers and potatoes.  Now, my husband does not cook.  He had no idea how she made it.  He did his best to describe it to me and I gave it a shot.  Here's what I did:





ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PEPPERS AND POTAOES

1 lb Italian sausage
1 onion
1 bell pepper
5 medium sized potatoes
oil
salt/pepper
fresh Italian Parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Rinse and dry the potatoes.  Cut into medium sized chunks.  Place on a large baking sheet with sides.  Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.  Stir well.  Arrange in a single layer.  Bake for 30 minutes.



Meanwhile, cut the onion and bell pepper into medium sized chunks. 



Then cut each sausage link into 3 pieces.



After 30 minutes in the oven, remove the potatoes and stir them.

Add the sausage, onions and peppers.

Drizzle with a little more oil and season with a little more salt and pepper (not too much, the sausage is already salty).



Return to the oven and bake another 30 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.

Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.


That's it.  It was so easy, I expected my husband to say it wasn't the same.  But he didn't.  He said it was great and tasted just like his Mom's.  He was happy, which made me happy.  My kiddos loved it, too.  Everyone happy with an easy to make supper?  This one's a keeper, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment